Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Etsy Mini

Like the little Etsy store preview widget off to the right of my page there? It is called Etsy Mini and it was not hard to install! Here's how to do it yourself:


Step 1: You've got to have an Etsy account, but you don't have to have a store. A quote from the Etsy Mini page that I'm about to lead you to: "It can show items from your shop (for shop owners) or items from your favorites (for everyone)."


Step 2: Make sure you're signed in and then go to Your Account in the top right of the page.


Step 3: In the list of options on the right of the screen, scroll down to the Promote section and click on Etsy Mini.


Step 4: Follow the simple step by step instructions on your screen! Here are the options I chose:

  1. Items from my shop.
  2. Thumbnail (75px square).
  3. 2 columns + 3 rows.
Step 5: You will then need to copy the code given at the bottom of that screen. I chose to use the JavaScript code.

Step 6: Where to paste? Since there are lots of places you may want to share your Etsy Mini, I can't cover them all. What I had to do for Blogger.com, though, is the following:
  1. When signed into your Blogger.com account, click on Design to edit your blog.
  2. Depending on the layout you have chosen, the link to Add a Gadget should be in multiple places on this page. Choose the place you want to add your Etsy Mini (I think the sidebar is a classy choice) and click on Add a Gadget.
  3. There will be a popup screen that opens. In the Basics section of this new screen scroll down to HTML/JavaScript and add it.
  4. Next popup screen: You can add a title like I did (Things to Make you Squeal with Delight is my Etsy store name). Then paste the code into the Content section.
Wa-la! You have Etsy Mini!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead & speak your mind!